If you change your account settings before Thursday, Google will be unable to associate any data collected about you with your Gmail, YouTube or other Google accounts. Otherwise, any data collected about you will be associated with your online Google accounts. This includes:
- search queries
- sites visited
Changing your account settings in Google is easy:
1. Go to www.Google.com and sign in with your user name and password
2. Find your name or email in the top right section of the page, and click the drop-down menu next to it
3. Click on “Account Settings”
4. Find the section called “Services”
5. Next to “View, enable or disable web history” click on the link that says “Go to web history” (you may be required to sign in again at this point)
6. Click the button that says “Remove all web history” then click OK on the following screen to confirm.
Remember, you only have until Thursday, March 1 to make this change.